MISMS: a global collaboration to study influenza
- 18-year program to advance evidence-based policies for influenza control in the US and globally
- Includes basic research and training workshops led by a core team of scientists at Fogarty International Center (FIC), based at the US National Institutes of Health.
- MISMS staff annually organize training workshops to teach methods of data analysis, including time-series, modeling, and phylogenetic analysis
- Focus on low- and middle-income countries
- Develops global collaborations to facilitate data-sharing and large-scale studies of disease dynamics
MISMS training workshop in South Africa, 2018
Examples of how MISMS research impacted policy decision-making: